Client’s Business Need
Our medical device client was required by regulatory authorities to update procedures and provide training for compliance with inventory movement directives. Our client needed to train thousands of field sales representatives globally within tight FDA-mandated deadlines.
Our Learning Solution
EnVision developed training for field sales representatives globally on five separate topics related to inventory movement while balancing training needs (compliance) with business needs (minimizing time away from selling). Due to geographic procedural differences, each course required regional customization. Furthermore, the client identified eight languages in which the courses were to be launched. Our solution included the following services and deliverables:
- Needs assessment, resulting in a design document that served as a basis for course development and in which we identified a series of short elearning courses as the best solution.
- Development of storyboards for five elearning courses, working with the regional experts globally to customize storyboards based on geographic differences.
- Learner assessments to ensure learning occurred and for which a passing score was required to receive credit.
- Request for proposal preparation assistance for selecting elearning and translation partner vendors.
- Vendor management.
- eLearning course testing to ensure courses worked properly.
- Management of elearning implementation globally.
Improved Employee Performance
All five courses were implemented within the timeline requirements and:
- The client was able to continue selling products with a favorable impact to the bottom line.
- Compliance issues were resolved.
- Learners responded positively to training.
- Thousands of sales representatives learned regulations related to inventory movement.