VIRTUAL LEARNING IS HERE TO STAY!
Learn how to convert or create effective and engaging courses in a virtual environment and practice facilitating during the workshop series.
JOIN US every other week for 5 sessions starting on October 20 in this safe virtual setting to learn, practice, and receive feedback from instructors and a small community of like-minded peers
PARTICIPATE ACTIVELY in a series of five 1½-hour sessions and deepen your skills by completing the assignments
LEAVE WITH practical tools, guides, and templates to jumpstart your course development
This series is for you if you are:
- An instructional designer converting or creating courses in a virtual environment
- A trainer or facilitator seeking to build and practice your virtual facilitation skills
By the end of the series, you will be able to:
- Identify significant differences and leverage similarities in designing and delivering onsite vs virtual classes
- Create activities that engage learners in the Zoom virtual environment (NOTE: while we will use Zoom, many tools have similar functionality)
- Document detailed activity notes in a Facilitator Guide
- Facilitate or “produce” at least one activity and receive feedback
- Critique your set design and lighting and create an action plan to make improvements
We will meet virtually every other week for 5 total sessions from 3:30-5 PM (Eastern time) on these dates in 2020:
October 20 | November 3 & 17 | December 1 & 15
Once you register, your Zoom link will be the same for all 5 dates.
For additional details email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quotes from workshop evaluations:
- I personally feel better equipped to take on the unique challenges of virtual content delivery within my organization. – Sean Riffenburg, Textron
- The EnVision team provided a perfect combination of business knowledge and instructional design expertise…I especially enjoyed learning about how to foster interaction and learning in breakout groups. – Tom Atkinson, Ph.D., Atkinson Analytics
- The ability to share ideas and, more importantly, practice techniques, has been invaluable. – Melissa Christenson, CTR
Facilitators Irene Stern Frielich and Virginia Maglio each have over 25 years’ experience creating and facilitating engaging training programs on a wide range of topics, from supervisory and management training, communication skills, customer service, train-the-trainer, presentation skills, compliance, safety, and other professional and technical skills. Irene is president of the award-winning instructional design firm, EnVision Performance Solutions, and Virginia is a lead consultant with a certification in facilitating virtual training.